7 March 2011

Sandefjord Cemetery, Norway, Part II







Master joiner (carpenter) P.L. Gade and his family.





The grave of my great uncle and his second wife.
I wrote about Sandefjord Church and Cemetery in a blog article on 9 June 2010. The cemetery is situated close to where my parents live, so I visit it quite often when I am in Sandefjord. A nice walk between my parents' home and "downtown".

Obviously, the Norwegian winter time is not the best time to visit a cemetery if the purpose is only to do genealogical research! But the cemetery has a kind of beauty also at winter, I would say. The photos were taken on 26 December 2010 (Boxing Day), and most of the close-up photos are of graves of shipowners.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is buried at Sandar Cemetery in Sandefjord, not Sandefjord Cemetery. I will see if I remember to take a photo of it next time I am in Sandefjord (and after the snow has gone).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you know about her interment, please report it to "famous@findagrave.com".

      Delete
  3. Since you know about this celebrity, please e-mail that information to "support@findagrave.com".

    ReplyDelete
  4. For your information Bloggers, Mr. Hoelseth is referring the pronoun "she" to Lorene Yarnell who was half of the American pantomime duo, Shields and Yarnell. Her husband was Bjorn Jansson at the time of her death.

    ReplyDelete